Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Queens' restaurant

Queens’ Restaurant – how many Bangalore people have heard about this small restaurant on Church Street? Among all the shiny, sparkling restaurants present on the church street, Bangalore, I doubt if anyone would have given a second glance to the small huddled up place next to a juice centre. I have passed it so many times before, but had never understood why so much crowd was present in front of the particular shop. I had not even known that it was a restaurant till I went to the place along with my some friends a few days back.

Queen’s restaurant is rightly named after the amazing food that they serve. The restaurant is very small with sitting place for about 30 – 40 people at a time. If you are one of the unlucky people who come late, then you might have to wait for some time to get a seat. Though once seated you would be served quickly. The food is really amazing with mouth watering dishes – panner and chicken very nicely marinated and with the right amount of spices – neither too spicy nor too bland. Even if the weather is hot outside, be sure that you would feel very comfortable within the restaurant. The place is very cozy and with amazing food.

If you are one of those who believe the restaurant has to look good to serve good food, then think twice. I would highly recommend this place for you to review your views.

Dishes that I recommend are –  (though these are the only ones that I have tasted till now, I have enjoyed them a lot)
Mango lassi – I am not a lassi fan, but everytime I have been here, I was unable to stop myself from taking a sip of this delicious drink. A true “thandai” in  this blasting hot weather of Bangalore. The
Chicken methi something – though I do not like methi much, this dish tastes really nice
Veg korma
Chicken bhartha – the chicken is in very small pieces and the curry tastes yumm …

Location  - Church street, Bangalore.  Not exactly in front of Mast Kalandar and Oye Amritsar, but towards Brigade road. Next to a small juice counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment